It’s December and I’m so excited for Christmas this year! It’ll be my second Christmas in my new home, but this year it will be x10 times better as I’ll actually have furniture and the boiler won’t be broken! Last year, we couldn’t even enjoy Christmas in our new house and we ended up going out for Christmas dinner for the first time EVER. It was literally such a disaster – a little tip never move house at Christmas time!
Anyway, I am getting into the Christmas spirit this time around because my sister who works in theatre is always touring so rarely manages to come home for Christmas. This year, she’s got a whole two weeks off so she’s coming to stay at mine and I AM buzzzzzing! So I have been writing lists of things we HAVE to do.
I was trying to think of good Christmas drinks that we could make. I was thinking eggnog, hot mulled wine, Christmas punch! I wanted something special to treat my sister, so I decided on a delicious RumChata Hot Chocolate – packed with whipped cream and marshmallows! Rumchata is the perfect mixer for creating Christmas drinks, it’s a rum cream liqueur flavoured with vanilla, cinnamon and secret spices. It was honestly such a treat as rum is my favourite drink – I have such a sweet tooth!
Here’s how I did it, it only takes 10 mins it’s so so easy.
Here are the ingredients you need:
2 x 25ml shots of Rumchata
Drinking chocolate – I used this one
Marshmallows or any type of topping – caramel syrup would be a good one!
Now, this is what you do to create the perfect hot chocolate…
So first you need to warm the milk until it’s almost at boiling point
Then add your chocolate and continuously mix until it looks brown and chocolatey! Then pour in your x2 25ml shots of RumChata. Don’t boil, just keep it on a low heat.
Once you’re happy with the taste, simply pour into your biggest mug.
Get your whip cream out, and go crazy with it
Then add your marshmallows, or any yummy sprinkles you can find in your cupboard!
…and that’s it!
Now it’s time for the GIVEAWAY…
RumChata have a beaut hot chocolate bar at Edinburgh’s Christmas this year and they are offering two tickets to Edinburgh’s Christmas and 2 hot chocolate vouchers, you can head over to my twitter page to enter. All you need to do is tag your BFF and make sure you’re following @RumChata on twitter (click here to enter).
Good luck and enjoy your hot chocolate my lovelies 💞🍫
Terms and Conditions:
Giveaway runs from 7th December 2017 and closes at 11:59 on 10th December 2017. Winner will be announced at 8 pm on 11th December 2017.
- Competition only open to participants ages 18 or over.
- Competition winners will be chosen by myself.
- Competition winners will be contacted by myself within 2 working days after the competition has ended.
- Winner’s name and contact details including full name, email address and contact telephone number will be taken from me and passed onto the promoter for the issuance of tickets.
- Winner will receive a confirmation email from the promoter which must be printed and presented at the Edinburgh’s Christmas Box office located on Junction of Castle Street and George Street, Edinburgh, along with proof of ID, showing that he/she is 18 years or over
- Tickets and voucher valid from 17 Nov – 24 Dec 2017 and must be redeemed during this timeframe.
- This competition will issue a maximum of 1 competition prize, consisting of x2 tickets to either Shark in the Park, La Clique Noel or any of the attractions listed here http://www.edinburghschristmas.com/whats-on/category/rides-attractions#stq=&stp=1 at Edinburgh’s Christmas (subject to availability) and x2 complementary RumChata hot chocolates from the RumChata bar on George Street, beside the light sculpture, just off the corner of Castle Street and George Street (Please note, that proof of age may be required by bar staff upon redemption)
- This promotion has been issued by Whyte & Mackay.
- There are no costs associated with entering this competition.
- Please note travel to and from Edinburgh’s Christmas is NOT included.
* Please note that this post is sponsored by RumChata and may contain affiliate links, however as always all of my opinions are my own. Please remember to drink responsibly.