I want to share with you my exciting news – I’m now an official brand ambassador for Magnitone London. I was really excited to announce this as it’s a really forward-thinking, fun brand to be working in collaboration with. I would never usually join anything like this unless I was 100% behind the product.
If you’re wondering what the ‘brand ambassador’ title means… It’s simply that I will post my honest opinions and views about the Magnitone products, the only difference is that I will be using affiliate links so I will receive a small commission for each product sold from my blog. I know a lot of people may feel weird about this, but it really helps to keep my blog up and running. I will always give my 100% honest opinion. If you know me in real life or have been following my blog you will know that I really don’t like to beat around the bush or deceive people.
Ok enough of the nitty gritty! Let’s get on to the fun part…
I received the Barefaced Cleansing brush in mid-July, I wanted to be using it every day for a good period of time to see how my skin would react properly before posting a review. I have never used a facial cleansing brush before, mainly because I’ve had really bad acne in the past and I thought it would only aggravate it (P.S find out how I cleared up my acne here) and also I didn’t want to add an extra step to my skincare routine because I’m lazy hehe.
I was really cautious to try it at first because when I read through the instruction manual, it mentioned that it may cause a breakout on initial use due to it cleaning your skin deeper. As I have really acne-prone skin, it did cause me to have a minor breakout in the first week. I’m not going to lie, I panicked but I still continued to use it every day afterwards because I was curious to see what would happen.
What I noticed is that the brush was definitely cleaning out my pores much deeper than washing my face with my hands would ever be able to do. My skin afterwards would actually feel deeply cleansed like that squeaky clean feeling. I think because I don’t usually use a toner ( a poor show, I know), my skin truly reaped the benefits of the cleansing brush.
How It Works
People usually tend to think that these facial brushes are abrasive and can be damaging to your skin – I was one of these people lol. But from my experience, I can tell you that with this brush it’s quite the opposite. It’s really gentle to use. I would say it’s no more abrasive than a facial scrub with micro beads.
Here’s how it works…
• First, it starts by exfoliating the skin and removing any unwanted dead skin cells, by doing this it reveals the fresh cells underneath which makes your skin appear younger and brighter.
• Second, the vibrations from the Magnitone Barefaced brush act as a magnet to pull dirt and impurities deep from within the pore out to the surface. This is ensuring a deeper cleanse which of course unclogs the pores but can also reduce the production of extra sebum, reduces skin cornification (the process that allows the formation of a dead cells layer to create a physical barrier for the skin) and also reduces the build up of blackheads.
• Finally, it enables your skin to reap the full benefits of skincare products essentially by supercharging all of your existing skin care potions!
How Do I Use The Bare Faced Cleanser?
The Magnitone Barefaced cleanser itself is 100% waterproof so I usually use it in the shower. When I do, I use the NUXE AROMA purifying cleansing gel – if you’ve not tried this line, you need to get on it because it’s amazing! It won’t dry out your skin, it is non-foaming so it is so gentle on the skin but it works well at preventing blackheads and unclogging your pores. It pairs perfectly with the Bare Faced cleanser.
When I had the initial breakout, I used the La Roche Posay Effaclar DUO straight after and it really helped to clear up any spots and imperfections. However, if I am wanting to use the brush to help remove my makeup, I usually do a quick face wash with the Nuxe cleanser or Arbonne’s CALM daily cleanser then use Darphin’s Aromatic Cleansing Balm (read my review here) all over my skin and then I gently buff away with the cleansing brush to remove remove any leftover makeup on my skin.
My top tips when using the bare faced cleanser:
- Don’t use very hot water when using, try only use water which is lukewarm to avoid dryness
- Use in the shower as the steam will naturally open up your pores so any products you apply afterwards will be supercharged and will be more effective
- Never be too rough on your skin, let the vibrations do all the work. All you need to do is lightly hover over your t-zone, chin and neck area.
- If you experience a breakout, use La Roche Posay effaclar DUO to clear up quickly & easily
As a bank holiday offer, you can get 30% off your Magnitone purchase! Click here to shop the offer.
NEVER MISS A POST. SIGN UP FOR BLOG UPDATES!
STUFF I’M CURRENTLY LOVING
* Please note that may be a sponsored post and may contain affiliate links, however as always all of my opinions are my own.